Sunday, July 20, 2014

Whose Talking Now - Podcasts


Who is talking and why are they talking?  Podcast in the classroom or library can be a wonderful way to get students interacting with others and learning in a new and exciting way.  Students can do book talks, book reviews, bibliographies on famous people, explaining math problems and interviewing people using a simple free Podcast sight like PodOmatic.  These are just some of the ideas I found while searching on the Internet on how Podcast can be useful in the k-12 classroom/library.

This is a short Podcast I made on Taking Care of Library Books.  This is one that I would use at the beginning of the year with books that have the type of damage I mention and since you are able to pause it, I would do so after each type of damage so we could discuss it further.  






If you would like to listen to some good Podcast, The Elementary Librarian has some on topics of interest to fellow librarians.

No comments:

Post a Comment