Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Final Reflection

Even though this says final reflection, it does not mean that I am done with my blog, I am just done with my summer class for my Library Science Certificate.  It really has been an eye opener and fun doing this blog and learning about all the technology that could be used in the classroom or library.  I still wake up at 3:00 in the morning with my brain going a mile a minute with different ideas on how to use some of this in the library.
Most of this was new to me, like Instagram, Vine Video, Comic Strips, and Twitter; well okay a lot of it was pretty new to me.

I really enjoyed doing the Vine Video and the Comic Strips the best.  They were fun and short.  Not short in a "oh good this is almost done", but in "oh, wow this really got my attention". I really believe the students will also like these and can do many short projects with these.  I am thinking about using the comic strips for a book talk between two people, or even just name the different parts of a book.  I even think that using the Vine video for different parts of a book would be fun.  I would also use the QR Codes so that I could share this with parents and teachers.

The thing that worries me the most is trying to keep up with all the Book Communities we signed up for and Twitter.  I know keeping up with one would be great and that would be my goal for the up-coming year.  I really would like to keep the Facebook page going for our library and Goodreads since I liked their site.  I might even try to keep up with Shelfari since I have it on my blog.  I will also keep posting to my blog, I am not sure what I have to share is important, but maybe someone will need what ever information I put on here.

Thanks for a wonderful class.

No comments:

Post a Comment